Welcome!! \(^.^)/

HI EVERYONE!!

WELL, THIS IS MY BLOG WHERE YOU CAN FEEL FREE TO LOOK AROUND, WE CAN BE FRIENDS AND GET TO KNOW MORE EACH OTHER... BTW, THIS BLOG ALSO HELPS ME TO IMPROVE MY ENGLISH SKILLS, SO I'LL BE UPLOADING SOME CONTENT SOON ABOUT MY ENGLISH CLASS AND STUFF LIKE THAT. :)

lunes, 14 de noviembre de 2011

PHRASAL VERBS

wear out (1. separable): wear something / use something until it can no longer be worn / be used.
"I need a new pencil sharpener. I wore this one out."
"I suppose I should get some new shoes. I've almost worn this pair out."
wear out (2. separable): cause to become exhausted; cause to become very tired.
"I had four different meetings today. They wore me out."
"I suppose I should get some new shoes. I've almost worn this pair out.
work out (1. no object): exercise (usually in a gym, etc.) to build muscles, body tone, etc.
"Instead of eating lunch on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Sheila goes to the recreation center to work out."
work out (2. separable): solve a problem / resolve a difficult situation (usually by working together).
"I know we disagree on many points, but I believe we can work things out." 
Wipe Out
Example:
 Revising for the exam last night WIPED me OUT. 
Meaning: Make someone very tired


Wipe out

Meaning: Kill all of a population, make extinct

Example: A meteor crashing into the planet WIPED the dinosaurs OUT.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario